Very few people know the fact that products made up of jute are way more beneficial than others. Also known as 'Golden Fiber', jute allows environment to breathe freely while people use it for different benefits. Jute not only benefits the consumers but also is the only industry alone that gives employment to around 0.26 million individuals, and around 4.0 million individuals are related in a roundabout way to the business. Isn’t it impressive how much the jute industry is contributing to the India economy?
Maximum number of the Indian Jute makers has set up their Mills in the regions of West Bengal, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, Tripura, Bihar and Chhattisgarh. With such enormous amount of jute production, one product manufactured out of this fibre that rules the market is Jute Bag!
Contribution of jute towards environment:
- Reusable and Eco-friendly- Jute products are eco-friendly as they are reusable and made up of sustainable materials. Also they are carbon-dioxide unbiased and break down without bringing about any harm to the earth.
- Helps in improving soil conditions- As soon as the jute is cultivated, the waste of jute remains in the field which mixes with the soil resulting in improved texture and fertility of the soil.
- Life saviour for trees- If we start using Jute Bags, jute furniture and other jute products rather than using paper products, a lot of trees can be saved every year.
- Require less fertilizer, land and pesticides- Jute requires very less amount of fertilizers and land and pesticides, which does not put burden on the soil allowing more and more growth.
- Require less water- As it is a natural fibre, it requires very less amount of water and can be harvested again and again.
- Quick growth- 100 days growing season.
- Comfortable material- When the jute is woven into a material it can turn out to be really comfortable.
- Nutritional value- Jute has great nutritional value and is rich in vitamin C and E.
- Versatile- products are versatile and can be used in a lot of way and are long lasting. Products like bags made up of this fibre can be Bags for Life.