Do you want to make some party bags for your daughter's 6th birthday? You can quickly make a few. You might be wanting something unique. Brown paper envelopes are perfect for making gift bags. Although they are quite heavy than the regular paper bags. This provides us a quality item, especially when they're embellished with stamps, coloured tissue paper sheets, ribbon, and lace. Here's an excellent trick that we can use and make a gift bag with an envelope.
Ways to make a luxury gift bag:
- You can cut the flap off an envelope.
- Use a scoring board and bone folder. Then score the left, the right and the bottom edges of the envelope. You will score 3cm from all three sides.
- Now, create two small squares in the bottom corners. You will score diagonally through the center of the two small squares.
- If you're going to embed an image on your envelope, now's a good time. I used a little gorgeous clear stamp and some black ink.
- You will now fold the two sides over along the score lines. And then fold up the bottom fold. Then turn it and reverse the folds so that each line has been folded in both directions. Try to press the folds down firmly.
- Now you need to fold the corners of the envelope along with the diagonal lines for getting better results. Making a sort of box shape will be too comfortable with this. All of these folding just helps the envelopes to 'remember' the folds when you start turning it into luxury gift bags.
- Put your hands inside the envelopes and open the sides out so that the folds become the four side corner edges of the bag. Now you will have to pinch along the diagonal line to create two triangular flaps at the base of the envelope. Two of the side folds will need pinching to change them from valley folds to mountain folds. Then reverse the original side folds of the envelopes by pinching them and pushing them in so that you have valley folds on either side.
- You can use strong double sided sticky tape to stick the triangular flaps down to the base. So your bag is almost done.
- Now, fold the top 3 cm of your bag over. And get it embellished however you like.
- Now, you should use a die cutter to make a lacy felt trim for the top of the bag; You can make this with the help of colored tissue paper. A strip of cotton lace would work really well too. As you can see, the die cutter was a too. The curve of the die cut it a slightly frilly effect when you straighten the top edge.
- Attach double sided sticky tape to the top of the bag. Then don’t forget to straighten the curved edge as you work along. Centralize the felt strip along the top of the bag front and then trim the edges.
- With a pen, mark two holes for the ribbon, and you can use a hammer and hole punch to punch two holes through all of the folded layers.
- Put thread ribbons through the holes and tie in a neat bow at the front.
So your luxury gift bag is ready!!! Are you willing to present it to your friends and relatives? Then you can wait for a special occasion to awe them with your wondrous DIY. For making more bags, you can stock brown envelopes and buy coloured tissue paper wholesale from UK.